A* AWARDS OUTSHINE!
THE COTSWOLD SCHOOL ANNOUNCES A LEVEL RESULTS
The Cotswold School announces that the Sixth Form examination results achieved by its students this summer have once again been outstanding.
- Significant rise in A* and A grades: 18% of all grades are at A* and 41% at A* or A.
- Two-thirds of all A Level grades awarded at A*, A or B.
- Ten Cotswold School students achieved an impressive three or more A* or A grades, including one student who gained five A* grades.
THE COTSWOLD SCHOOL ANNOUNCES 2019 GCSE RESULTS
The Cotswold School had another year of remarkable GCSE results in 2019.
- 80% of students achieved the benchmark of five or more 9-4 grades, including Mathematics and English
- 35% of all grades at 9-7
- 34 students gained grades 9-7 in eight or more of their GCSEs
- 45% of students achieved the EBacc Award, which represents achievement in the most rigorous GCSE subjects. This 45% result is well above the national average and continues the success rate of students studying and achieving the EBacc at The Cotswold School.
Mr Morgan, Principal said, “At a time of huge change in the GCSE syllabus and examinations*, our ethos, ‘the pursuit of academic excellence and individual achievement within a caring community’, could not be truer this year. We believe each individual can achieve, and should have an opportunity to do so and I am delighted for so many students who have shown real resilience and sheer hard work to gain well deserved and outstanding awards. This year’s set of results truly reflect our school-wide commitment to teaching and learning excellence and our dedication to the individual. Well done.”
To view the Performance tables website from the Department of Education, please click here.
Included on this link is the Progress 8 score and Attainment 8 score from the previous year. The latest results and destinations will be published once all the remarks have been received.
Please note that the Department for Education lists The Cotswold School as ‘The Cotswold Academy’
If you are unable to access the Department for Education site via the shortcut provided above, please copy and paste the following URL into your search engine:
DESTINATIONS on leaving Key Stage 4:
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 91% with 75% at The Cotswold School Sixth Form and 16% elsewhere
LEAVERS: 9% taking on apprenticeships, jobs or not known