Students at The Cotswold School Sixth Form achieved outstanding results in 2019.
- Significant rise in A* and A grades: 18% of all grades are at A* and 41% at A* or A.
- Two-thirds of all A Level grades awarded at A*, A or B.
- Ten Cotswold School students achieved three or more A* or A grades, including one student who gained five A* grades.
The Cotswold School’s outstanding GCSE results in 2019:
- 80% of students achieved the benchmark of five or more 9-4 grades, including Mathematics and English
- 35% of all grades at 9-7
- 34 students gained grades 9-7 in eight or more of their GCSEs
- 45% of students achieved the EBacc Award, which represents achievement in the most rigorous GCSE subjects. This 45% result is well above the national average and continues the success rate of students studying and achieving the EBacc at The Cotswold School.
Mr Morgan, the school’s Principal said,
“We believe each individual can achieve, and should have an opportunity to do so and I am delighted for so many students who have shown real resilience and sheer hard work to gain well deserved and outstanding awards. This year’s set of results truly reflect our school-wide commitment to teaching and learning excellence and our dedication to the individual. Well done.”
Destinations at the end of Year 11:
Continuing in education: 91% with 75% at The Cotswold School Sixth Form and 16% elsewhere.
Leavers: 9% taking on apprenticeships, jobs or not known.
To view the school performance tables website from the Department for Education, please click here.