Sharon Laws Sportive
We regret that the Sharon Laws Sportive 2020 has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
It would have been the third year of the Sharon Laws Sportive, a celebration of the 43 years of Sharon’s amazing life and the sport she loved so much. This year’s event was to be held on Saturday 4th July but has been postponed until further notice.
What is the Sharon Laws Sportive?
It’s an annual cycling event, in partnership with British Cycling, in honour of former Cotswold student and professional cyclist, Sharon Laws. Starting and finishing at The Cotswold School, cyclists register online or on the day for a choice of family-friendly routes around the stunning Cotswolds countryside, between 14 and 76 miles long.
Other accreditations included:
- Winning the Women’s 2012 Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge
- Winning the 2012 British National Road Race Championships
- Part of the Podium Ambition Pro Cycling’s squad for the 2016 season
- Part of the ITV4 commentary team for the channel’s coverage of the 2017 Women’s Tour
- Holding an MSc in Conservation and working as an environmental consultant to organisations including the British Government, the United Nations and for mining company Rio Tinto in Australia
In late 2016, Sharon was diagnosed with cervical cancer and from there underwent a year-long battle with the disease. She died in December 2017.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.