Sharon Laws Sportive
We regret that the Sharon Laws Sportive 2020 has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Our annual cycle route across the Cotswolds is inspired by the life of former student and cycling champion, Sharon Laws, who died of cancer aged 43 in 2017. It would have been the third year of the Sportive, a celebration of the 43 years of Sharon’s amazing life and the sport she loved so much.
The Cotswold School Cycling Club
This year, The Cotswold School invites you to take part in a celebration of cycling throughout July, the month of Sharon’s birth. If you would like to raise money, we suggest donating to Kate’s Home Nursing or The Cotswold School, which are the usual beneficiaries of The Sharon Laws Sportive – but there might be another charity you wish to support.
Join The Cotswold School Cycling Club to log the miles you cycle.
Help us reach the collective goal of 4,300 miles
We hope you will use ‘43’ as a basis for your cycling goal and raise money for a charity of your choice. Could you cycle 43 miles in a month? In a week? Or will you share the goal of 430 miles across your whole family? Could you cycle for 43 minutes per day or plan a 4.3-mile daily route?
Set your goal, track your distance and upload your miles whenever you ride.
Want to know more about Sharon Laws?
Sharon was a student at The Cotswold school. Her inspiring achievements included:
- Winning the Women’s 2012 Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge
- Winning the 2012 British National Road Race Championships
- Part of the Podium Ambition Pro Cycling’s squad for the 2016 season
- Part of the ITV4 commentary team for the channel’s coverage of the 2017 Women’s Tour
- Holding an MSc in Conservation and working as an environmental consultant to organisations including the British Government and the United Nations.